It's not a habit.

Sunday, May 15, 2005

One down, one to go

IUI the first went well this morning. We drove down together, since we had plans in town afterwards, and were there by 7:15. Luckily for us, only two other couples were in for IUI this morning. When we were there in January, there were five or six IUIs on the same day, and it was a very long morning.

Actually, today had the potential to be a long morning too, because the couple that arrived after us brought their one-year-old, who was very vocal, in a huge stroller that took up half the waiting room. But even he wouldn't have bothered me, if the parents hadn't been loud talkers, who needed to make a big, loud production out of every little cheerio they fed him and all the plans for his first birthday party on Wednesday (and the man's business trip on Thursday, and the baby's one-year appointment on Friday, and whether he'd be able to go off formula then or not... truly, they were very loud and boisterous talkers). It was almost like they were doing it on purpose, but then I decided that they were just annoying by nature. At least, annoying to me.

Anyway, I finished my Sedaris book in the waiting room while my husband did his thing. (I know you'll be sad to hear that I did not get another update on the state of the boys' room.) Then we fled to the diner down the street for a little breakfast, until my turn.

Like I said, the IUI went fine. Count and motility were great, and we were all finished up by 9:30. We'll go back for the same thing tomorrow morning before work; hope we at least have the same luck with the schedule and the number of couples.

Then we went to IKEA and looked at kitchens and storage solutions. My husband usually hates IKEA, but this trip was almost painless. Almost. Now that they've marked all the shortcuts, I don't think he feels so trapped when he gets in there.

After that, we had a fun lunch with friends downtown. My friend is pregnant as a result of IVF, and so the two of us and our husbands can talk about shots, sharps, hormones, and our doctor (we go to the same RE) in a way I can't talk about those things with anyone else I know. We can even talk about things like baby names, without my feeling either weird or depressed. It's so wonderful to have friends like that.

Not only did we have a great lunch, but I also scored some leftover boxes of Crinone. I have enough now that I won't have to refill my scrip unless I actually stay pregnant this time. Thank you, A!

And now I am exhausted. But my cat appears to be tempting me to come and nap with him, so apparently there is a solution for every problem.

4 Comments:

  • Hope tomorrow goes just as smoothly, minus the loud talkers.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:54 PM  

  • great news! good luck, good luck and at least you had the foresight to bring Sedaris with you - smart move. I would love to hear his take on IUIs and IVF but I guess that's unlikely...I wouldn't wish infertility on anyone but it sure would be nice if there was more humor in those damn waiting rooms.

    By Blogger moi, at 12:46 PM  

  • I know what you mean about talking about baby names. I am obsessed with baby names, and yet now I feel weird mentioning it. I feel like I'm reminding people to feel sorry for me, when that isn't what I want.

    By Blogger K, at 2:24 PM  

  • Hello, nice post

    By Anonymous Miami Gardens Window Tinting, at 2:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home