Nervous
Well, I am nervous. The monitoring went fine this morning -- even had my blood drawn without a bruise, which is unusual. The transvaginal ultrasound is even less comfortable than usual when you're still having day three cramps (the dildo cam doesn't usually bother me, but today it was decidedly uncomfortable). They had me in and out of there in less than 30 minutes, though, so I'm not complaining.
This afternoon I expect to hear from the nurse that I should begin the Bravelle tonight. I've got everything packed up to take to the hotel where I'll be staying with my chorus, and I've printed out two different sets of directions for giving subcutaneous injections, so hopefully it'll all go okay. Sub-Q is easy, right?
RIGHT?
I've even packed chocolate with hazelnuts for my post-shot treat.
Wish me luck... and my chorus, too. We'll be competing tomorrow against 17 others from our region. I hope we win a medal, man. I certainly feel like I deserve one.
This afternoon I expect to hear from the nurse that I should begin the Bravelle tonight. I've got everything packed up to take to the hotel where I'll be staying with my chorus, and I've printed out two different sets of directions for giving subcutaneous injections, so hopefully it'll all go okay. Sub-Q is easy, right?
RIGHT?
I've even packed chocolate with hazelnuts for my post-shot treat.
Wish me luck... and my chorus, too. We'll be competing tomorrow against 17 others from our region. I hope we win a medal, man. I certainly feel like I deserve one.

2 Comments:
the little shots are physically easy, emotionally weird. Here's my technique
- point needle diagonal to spot on flesh
- inhale
- exhale and poke needle right in
- squeeze plunger
- gently remove, it looks a little icky but I think it hurts less if you come out slowly
I swear you'll hardly feel a thing.
-then eat chocolate
By
moi, at 3:29 PM
Theoretically they are easy, but sticking yourself with anything is emotionally hard. Just don't hesitate. I aim, take a deep breathe, exhale and poke. Sometimes I close my eyes and poke, but I really shouldn't do that lol.
By
Anonymous, at 5:34 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home