It's not a habit.

Thursday, May 05, 2005

That's enough!

Despite my plans to use Provera to delay the start of the next cycle until after this weekend, my body has decided that it's time for the cycle to start NOW. It's funny, because my body has put me through countless 55-day cycles with absolutely no consideration of my feelings in the matter, and now suddenly 55 days is OMG TOO LONG!!1!

Fine. I'll go tomorrow morning for my day three monitoring, then I'll take the Bravelle with me to the chorus competition and inject myself in the hotel room... before going on stage.

I'll be so fabulous! Just like Jim Morrison!

* * *


Actually, I'm mostly relieved to be getting started. And since day 3 is tomorrow and I had already taken the day off to drive up to the contest, going to the doctor's office first will simply mean that I can't get my car's oil changed before hitting the road. Okay.

If things go according to plan, and we don't have to scrap the cycle for OHSS or poor response or anything, we may be IUI-ing on May 16 and 17. We'll see. Fingers crossed.

* * *


If worst comes to worst, and I chicken out on giving myself the shots, there are at least five nurses in my chorus. I could ask one of them if I had to.

Mr. Mojo Risin...

6 Comments:

  • Wohoo! I am a nurse and have almost chickend out several times shooting up. The best thing I can tell you is don't hesitate, just do it. And ask a nurse if you need to, we love to shoot other people. Best of luck.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:14 PM  

  • oooh....good luck. I don't know how I would feel about injecting myself!!

    By Blogger Wendy Orrison and Holly Snyder, at 4:13 PM  

  • Yeah, the thing I am most worried about is doing it to myself. My husband has always done the shots for me before. But they're just subcutaneous injections, and it really makes sense for me to know how to do it myself. I am an independent woman! And maybe I can reward myself with some really nice chocolate or something. ;-)

    By Blogger Susie, at 5:04 PM  

  • Oh you definately need a reward. In my house they are called Trooper Treats since I've been a trooper.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:59 PM  

  • Hey...were you a Fametracker poster? Is so, the OMG TOO LONG!!1! just gave you away! HAH! Love it.

    Of course if not, I probably sound like a crazy person to you.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:49 AM  

  • Goodd job

    By Anonymous Taya, at 5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home