It's not a habit.

Friday, May 13, 2005

Hurry up and wait!

Someday, I will once again post about something besides where I am in my cycle.

Today is not that day.

Day 10 monitoring results:
Lining, 11.5mm (up from 8.5 yesterday)
Estradiol, 231 (up from 184 yesterday)
Dominant follicle: 17.5
Others: 15.5, plus a few smaller ones

Outcome:
Bravelle tonight (4 vials, or 300iu)
Monitoring tomorrow morning, 7:30 AM

So the follicles weren't quite where they needed to be today. One more night of Bravelle and then (hopefully) we can go on to the next step.

Potentially, we could trigger tomorrow night and then IUI on Sunday and Monday. Here's hoping. Because man, I've already been to the doctor's office at 7:30 am FOUR times in the last seven days. And it's looking like I'll be there early in the morning for the next three days, too. By Monday, that'll be five days in a row. Plus, it's an hour's drive from my house. I'm starting to feel just a little a bit sleep deprived. Not to mention impatient!

But hey, at least everything's going in the right direction. And I have to admit, I am pretty freaked by the thought of higher-order multiples, and I have had too many miscarriages to be able to think of fetal reduction with any pretense of sanity, so I'm pretty glad that my RE is so committed to monitoring. Even if it can sometimes seem excessive as I am stopping behind my twentieth school bus of the week on the back road to the clinic.

Thanks for the nice comments and good luck wishes. Y'all are great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home