It's not a habit.

Sunday, May 08, 2005

Big Weekend

First of all, thank you to the nice people who shared tips and encouragement on the last post. You're absolutely right, it's best to just aim the needle and stick it in. Knowing the chocolate is there for afterwards also seems to help.

The nurse called just after I posted on Friday and let me know that I should start the Bravelle that night, continue it on Saturday and Sunday, and then come back for monitoring on Monday. So tomorrow I'll report on how it's going.

The shots went all right. The first night I asked a good friend who happens to be an RN to come in the bathroom with me and watch/supervise. I mostly did it myself, but she gave me tips on reconstituting the Bravelle, changing the needle (after going through 4 vial tops, that's a necessity), and giving the shot.

The second night, I did it alone -- after the chorus competition. I felt pretty funny in my false eyelashes and fabulous red fingernail polish, but everything went great. And then I went down to my chorus's party in the presidential suite and had a couple of Spaten. Today I got up late and drove home to my wonderful husband and cat, and we are having an easy Sunday at home.

Anyway, besides handling the shots okay, I also got what I went for:



My medal. My husband said it looked like some kind of Eastern European currency. He's right, actually, but hey. It's my first one, and I love it, and I won it the weekend I started my shots.

Upon reflection, working hard and winning a medal alongside 45 women I love was a much, much better way to spend mothers day weekend than thinking about the anniversary of my first due date (4 years ago today). It's not like I can forget about it, because apparently I can never forget about it, but I am so glad that there's more than that sadness in my life these days.

Thanks again for the tips on shots. You guys rock.

3 Comments:

  • YAY
    I wish I could sing - that's wonderful to be singing with a whole crowd of women and doing glamorous shots in the dressing room!

    By Blogger moi, at 9:32 PM  

  • Congratulations on the medal!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:17 AM  

  • CONGRATS! That's awesome. Accomplishment is a good thing...best of luck with this cycle.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home