It's not a habit.

Monday, May 16, 2005

And so it begins... again.

The two week wait, that is.

IUI the second went as well as yesterday's. Decent sperm count, excellent motility, and I've been feeling twinges in my ovaries since last night (continuing even as I type this). So things seemed to have been timed well. Hope those twinges are ovulation and not the beginnings of OHSS...

The loud and obnoxious couple were there again this morning with their loud baby, but since my husband and I went in two cars today and I only showed up for my part of the process, I missed having to share the waiting room with them. Mr and Mrs Annoying were already in the back when I arrived, along with their gargantuan stroller. I have no idea where they put it while they were in the treatment room -- all of which are extremely tiny. Anyway, they must have been on exactly the same schedule as us, because I saw the woman (and the baby) there for monitoring on Saturday, and they were there yesterday and today for their IUIs.

The waiting room was the busiest I have ever seen it today. I think there were three or four IUIs scheduled, and one IVF that I noticed (the IVFs go to the back through a different door from the waiting room, it wasn't like I was reading their chart or anything), but with the normal Monday morning appointments scheduled starting at 9, it really started filling up before we got called to the back. By the time we left (around 9:30) there must have been fifteen people out there. When I go for monitoring, I'm usually in and out way too early to run into any of the people who have appointments that morning.

Tonight I'll start the progesterone (Crinone). With IUI at my clinic they tell you to take a HPT in two weeks, but I told them today that I will need a beta. Last time I had all those negative HPTs, so I stopped the Crinone around day 21 post IUI, and then three weeks later I had a positive beta (very positive -- 2517). This time I don't want to stop the Crinone until I am certain it's negative. I seriously doubt it was the decrease in progesterone that caused the loss last time, but I don't want to make any decisions based on faulty evidence (if I can help it). So I expect the beta will be on Tuesday, May 31, the day after Memorial Day.

And now is the time on Sprockets when we dance wait.

6 Comments:

  • I'm glad both of your IUIs went well. Good luck with the wait. I've got everything crossed for you.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:03 PM  

  • You know I am here for you if you need anything during the 2ww. Distractions, shopping trips. Whatever it takes!!!

    Thinking lots of good thoughts for you.

    By Blogger Amanda, at 4:23 PM  

  • Oh Susie it sounds like it went really well. I too remember couples like Mr. & Mrs. Obnoxious parading baby around despite numerous signs posted everywhere alerting such people that bringing your baby to an infertility clinic is in extremely bad taste. It's hard to ignore them.
    Best of luck to you, and try to hang in there during the next two weeks. Everything is crossed for you.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:54 PM  

  • Wow. Good luck!

    By Blogger Anne, at 10:02 PM  

  • Good luck times three!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:15 PM  

  • Ah, tacky people. They're everywhere. Sprockets ... hee hee.

    By Blogger K, at 2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home