It's not a habit.

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Just a Quickie

Everything went fine at the ultrasound today. Dr T was very happy, smiling hugely even though he appeared to have had a couple of stitches on his forehead recently. I'm just five weeks along so there wasn't much to see, but he's having me back next Wednesday for another look.

As of today, there were two gestation sacs and apparently two teensy little embryos. The doctor cautioned us not to count our chickens before they hatch, but my husband and I both find it quite a relief that there are two at this point. We're both realists about this process after all our losses, and we feel like our chances of ending up with at least one just went up considerably. The doctor agreed with that, and said he was cautiously optimistic. I can't think very much about what it could mean if they both make it. Along with all the possible complications, it also has the potential to be a dream come true, so I can't go too far down that mental road right now.

Thanks for all the good thoughts you've been sending my way, I am more grateful than you can know for your positive comments. And now I have to run, because I am late to chorus rehearsal, but I will check in on all your blogs before I go to bed tonight. Hugs to all you great women.

13 Comments:

  • *happy dancing cautiously*

    You know how excited I am about the news.

    *happy dancing cautiously*

    Go Dr T, Go Dr T, Go Go Go Dr T!

    By Blogger Amanda, at 7:10 PM  

  • OH
    MY
    GOD

    There are two. Okay, I know I need to calm down. But I can't. There are two!!!! Next Wednesday seems like an eternity!!!

    Susie, this is outrageously awesome news!!! Congrats to you and hubby!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:49 PM  

  • What great news. Congratulations!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:15 PM  

  • Two! Two! Yeah Yeah Yeah! This is awesome. So happy that things are going well for you...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:11 PM  

  • Wow! That's pretty darn cool. Weren't you dying of curiosity about your doctor?

    Wonderful news!

    By Blogger moi, at 10:18 PM  

  • TWO!

    EMBRYOS!

    Congratulations!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:27 AM  

  • Two! Oh my. Wishing you tons of luck.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:33 AM  

  • Oh Susie,congratulations. I'm so thrilled for you - it even surprises me since I'm in such a pitiful state at the moment. Looking forward to next Wednesday! Will hubby accompany you to that u/s as well?

    By Blogger Mellie, at 10:48 AM  

  • How exciting for you! I hope things only get better.

    By Blogger MsPrufrock, at 12:47 PM  

  • Wow. Twins...

    My jaw is hanging open right now. Cautiously happy for you!

    Wonder what happened to Dr. T's forehead??

    By Blogger Wendy Orrison and Holly Snyder, at 1:08 PM  

  • YAY!!! 2!!! I know there should be no exclamations right now, but I just can't help it.

    I'm so happy for you. I hope Wednesday comes fast for you.

    By Blogger PJ, at 1:26 PM  

  • Two. Did you just say TWO?

    Oh my. How exciting. How incredible.

    Wishing you an easy week and two sticky little beans.

    ~kat

    By Blogger Kat, at 6:23 PM  

  • Yah-hoo!

    By Blogger Anne, at 10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home