It's not a habit.

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Music Notes

That beautiful Day tagged me to do a music meme. How did she know I was a music freak?

Total number of music files on my computer: Uh, 2470. But I haven't downloaded anything in a long time. Over a year, at least.

The last cd i bought was: The Very Best of Linda Ronstadt.

Song playing right now: "Angels" by Robbie Williams.

Five songs that I listen to a lot (and that mean a lot to me):

Like Kat and Day, I've got to name a few more than five. Sorry.

1. "American Tune" by Paul Simon. I've loved the album this is on, "There Goes Rhymin' Simon," since it was released in 1973 and I was four years old. Right now, it captures so much of how I feel, about a lot of things. "When I look at the road we're traveling on, I wonder what went wrong."

2. "One Love" by Bob Marley and the Wailers. Most of my spiritual experiences happen with the aid of music. This one is a favorite.

3. "Dancing Queen" by ABBA. I love ABBA, and this is the ultimate ABBA song.

4. "The Wood Song" by the Indigo Girls. As a Georgia native, I am proud of my state's musicians. But I would love the Indigo Girls no matter where I came from. They speak to my heart.

5. "Jealous Again" by the Black Crowes. The Crowes make such great blues rock, and they're from Atlanta! What's not to love?

6. "Camel Walk" by Southern Culture on the Skids. Heh. This song can get me whooping and hollering faster than most anything.

7. "Get Another Boyfriend" by the Backstreet Boys. Okay, it was either this or one of fifty other songs by either Backstreet or NSYNC. I especially love NSYNC's cover of "When You Wish Upon a Star."

8. "Interstate Love Song" by Stone Temple Pilots. This song got me through one of those bad friend breakups one summer, years ago. It's still a favorite, and it reminds me of how strong I can be. Also, STP were a great rock band.

9. "Sweet Baby James" by James Taylor. Another one I've loved since childhood, when "the turnpike from Stockbridge to Boston" was just some line in a song.

10. "Nightswimming" by R.E.M. Another Georgia group, and one I've loved for years. It's hard to pick a favorite song by R.E.M., but this one's near the top of my list.

This list seems a little melancholy, but it was just hard to pick stuff. It seems weird not to have U2 on there (one of my all-time favorite bands) but hey. Ten songs is a very short list.

I'm now to pass this on to five people:

Instead of tagging specific folks, I'd love for you to just fill it out if you're interested. Then leave a comment here letting me know.

2 Comments:

  • Ahh..I still love 'NightSwimming'....great list! ;)

    By Blogger Tiff, at 12:27 PM  

  • Can't add to the music list right now, work is calling. Am patiently waiting for an update on the um, situation. Fingers and toes crossed!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home