It's not a habit.

Monday, June 06, 2005

Book Meme

That funny T from Good Times, Good Times tagged me for a couple of memes. I am going to do the book meme.

1) Total number of books I’ve owned:
It's totally impossible to say. I spent my childhood with my nose in a book and I owned a bunch of them (still own almost all of them). I always won the summer reading program at the library. Then I was an English major, then I was working on a PhD in English... and all the time I've bought books for fun as well. I doubt I'd be exaggerating the total if I said 10,000.

2) Last book I bought:
A somewhat recent Anne Frank biography by Melissa Müller. I'm really enjoying it. Also, I got Jon Cohen's Coming to Term, which is all about miscarriage. I would also like to read Brooke Shields' book on postpartum depression.

3) Last book I read:
A couple of months ago I re-read a series of four trashy romance novels by Jude Deveraux that I first read in high school, and that I always return to in times of stress (the Velvet series).

4) 5 books that mean a lot to me:
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen.
Bird by Bird by Anne Lamott.
The Persian Boy by Mary Renault.
The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett.
Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides.

I won't tag specific people, but I am interested in your answers, too. If you answer the questions, let me know in comments!

2 Comments:

  • Good Goddamn you're fast. Congratulations on the excellent beta!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:12 AM  

  • Oh my god, I'm such a philistine. I am living off of Nora Roberts romances these days. The last "real" piece of literature I read was Lord of the Rings before my daughter was born. And I can usually devour the Harry Potter books.

    Thank gawd you didn't tag me for this. I'd fail miserably.

    By Blogger Kat, at 12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home