It's not a habit.

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Beta Time

The call came an hour ago and I am still shaking my head in disbelief.

My beta yesterday morning (15 days post IUI, 17 days post trigger shot) was... 445.

I've never had a number like that so early. Usually my numbers are low, and they plateau early, and then fizzle, falling slowly over several weeks. So this is a new experience.

Even the nurse was beside herself with glee. She told me to keep doing whatever it is I'm doing, even if that means ice cream every day. (HOW DID SHE KNOW?)

So they want me to go for my next beta on Monday. I expected them to send me tomorrow, but I guess because it's high they figure I can wait. *gnash* The plan is, once it goes over 2000, I will schedule an ultrasound. If my calculations are correct, and if things go as they should, it should be well over 2000 by Monday. Maybe that's why they want me to wait.

I so hope it works. I'm trying not to get too far ahead of myself, because I've been here before. But even so, I just keep reminding myself that nothing's going to happen that I can't handle (yeah, right!) and that even if it doesn't work out this time, we've already learned so much about my response to stims this cycle.

For now, I am cautiously optimistic. And grinning from ear to ear.

16 Comments:

  • Awesome, awesome, awesome. What a fabulous number. Now, hopefully, they'll have tomorrow's beta ordered STAT... or you should just do what I do. Write STAT on the top of the blood slip (before you go in for the blood draw) in the same color ink that the rest of it is filled in. Then make sure the phlebotomists notes it... say something like, "I think they wanted that stat. They're watching me kinda closely."

    I really hope this one sticks for you.

    By Blogger Kat, at 3:13 PM  

  • Waiting with you, heart in throat, all bits crossed. Hope this is the one.

    By Blogger Anne, at 3:20 PM  

  • WICKED AWESOME. Those are amazing numbers. I am hoping that this is "the one" (or two with numbers like that!). Keep eating that ice cream...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:27 PM  

  • Congratulations!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:10 PM  

  • Yay, yay, yay!!!! And listen to Kat, if the "stat" box isn't checked on any of my bloodwork, I check it myself. Heehee.

    Keeping my fingers crossed!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:13 PM  

  • Sounds promising :) I'll keep my fingers crossed.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:14 PM  

  • CONGRATS, SUSIE!

    Beautiful, beautiful number. According to www.betabase.info, the average beta for 17 DPO is 305 (for a successful - which means a heartbeat is detected - single pregnancy). 445 is awesome!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:19 PM  

  • You know how happy I am for you. Grinning from ear to ear and doing the guarded happy dance.

    By Blogger Amanda, at 4:42 PM  

  • Keep on smiling and enjoy this. I'm so hopeful for you.

    By Blogger Mellie, at 6:02 PM  

  • I'm grinning ear to ear as well. That beta number just kicks ass!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:15 PM  

  • HFS! That is so exciting. I am thinking every good thought possible for you ...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:16 PM  

  • This is the first time I've commented on your blog and have just started reading... YAY on the beta! Keeping my fingers crossed!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:21 PM  

  • YAY YAY YAY
    I'm feeling all weepy reading your great news. Wonderful, wonderful.

    Now my acupuncturist told me to lay off the ice cream but since it seems to be working for you I'm going to have nice big bowl in your honor!

    what flavor do you recommend for good betas?

    By Blogger moi, at 8:45 AM  

  • That is so great!!! What a high beta. Darn that you have to wait until Monday but it's all for a good cause. One hurdle down...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:02 AM  

  • !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Awesome! Congrats - that is a great number!

    By Blogger VHMPrincess, at 11:56 AM  

  • Congratulations. Keeping everything crossed for you. Except my legs of course.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home