It's not a habit.

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Getting Older

Hello. It's been forever since my last update. I don't really feel removed, because I still read my Bloglines daily and keep up with what's going on with all of you, but I haven't had much to say on the blog in a while.

Daily life just keeps pressing on. I'm working three days a week -- and I finally got it down to an actual three days a week (although they had to bring in a full-time person to help out so that it was possible) and that is working out great, for now. Alex is doing well in daycare and we enjoy our days together on the non-daycare days. Most of the time.

He is 18 months old and becoming more independent all the time. He drinks his milk from a real cup and uses a fork and spoon. Of course he also still loves to eat with his hands. He helps out by putting his laundry in the basket and throwing his tissues in the trash can. He can blow his own nose. His favorite things include bubbles (he asks for them by name), cats, dogs, and trains. He knows and uses so many signs that I can't keep up. He says only a few words, but it sems like they're starting to come on a little more quickly now. He sings "Baa Baa Black Sheep" and "Row, Row, Row Your Boat" (sort of).

I don't notice it every day, but when I look back, it's hard to believe how much he has grown.

Riding on the truck in the sandbox

I am in love with this little guy and his fun-loving attitude. I still worry about all kinds of things, from spoiling to bullying, but it's become much easier to let those fears coexist with the current happiness.

One new thing: I joined Weight Watchers. Not because I'd gained weight in recent years -- I actually hadn't, I'd lost about 50 pounds despite infertility, pregnancy, and the first year of Alex's life -- but I found I couldn't make any more progress on my own. I had a slow start for the first month but now I'm down almost 10 pounds. I still have a ways to go to reach what my doctor considers an ideal weight, but I am closing in on a big milestone and looking forward to reaching that in the next month (I hope). I had never done Weight Watchers before and I didn't think I'd like the group aspects of it. I am surprised that I like it.

So that's the boring update from here. What a luxury, right? Believe me, I know.

3 Comments:

  • Good to hear from you, susie. And lovely to see a picture of alex, he is lovely. Thanks for taking the time to update!

    By Blogger Thalia, at 6:53 AM  

  • Great to hear from you, sounds like things are good in your life. Alex is adorable.

    By Blogger PJ, at 9:03 AM  

  • Susie-

    Alex is adorable! Stopped by on a random whim and lo and behold you've just posted after 6 mos. My little Turtle is now 15 mos and I'm not blogging at the mo or reading many blogs either (working full time). Still, seeing Julie give up her list gives me a weird pang. Of course, I am so glad to be out of IF hell, but there was a certain feeling of great solidarity being part of that community that I oddly miss. Anyway, cheers!

    -ManhattanAnne

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home