It's not a habit.

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Six months!

At the doctor's office
At the doctor's office,
originally uploaded by Raspberry World.
To celebrate his six-month birthday (coming up on Tuesday), Alex came down with his first cold. Poor little guy! His head is so stuffy, but most of the time he still manages to stay in a good mood. This picture was taken at the doctor's office on Friday... we go back next Friday for his checkup and shots.

He is sitting up really well now, and has been for a few weeks. He also gets down on his belly as if he intends to crawl. He can scoot along on his tummy both forwards and backwards but hasn't really started moving fast yet. He sometimes rolls to get where he wants to go.

He drools like crazy and has since he was two months old, but still no sign of teeth. Everyone tells me he'll be getting one any day now. I'll believe it when I see it!

He eats oatmeal, bananas, pears, apples, peas, green beans, and carrots. Rice, sweet potatoes, winter squash, and avocado didn't agree with him so well. He can drink a couple of ounces from a sippy cup, but right now that's just for recreation -- he still takes four bottles a day.

Despite his very large head (still in the 95th percentile at 5 months), he has no problem holding it up. The doctor attributes his strength to hours and hours of tummy time. I definitely noticed a huge jump in development when we started doing a lot of tummy time at two months.

Every month since his birth has been so packed full of new experiences that it all runs together in a blur to me now. I'm glad I've kept up with the photos and that I've written some things down, because I know that these baby days will all seem like a distant memory to me before long. But one thing I know is that every month has been even better than the one before. I don't know how it can keep getting better, but it does. And he is still the cutest thing I've ever seen.

9 Comments:

  • Susie, he is so adorable. Each month does get more fun, doesn't it? Happy 6-month birthday Alex!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:05 PM  

  • He's beautiful Susie. Glad things are going so well.

    By Blogger PJ, at 8:24 PM  

  • He really is an incredibly cute little guy. I hope that his cold gets better soon and that you all have a very happy time on his 6-month birthday.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:55 AM  

  • Dear Susie, I'm just getting caught up now. What a cutie you've got there! I'm so glad he's doing so well.

    I hope your anxieties ease soon, or better disappear completely.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:02 AM  

  • So cute! So glad things are going well.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:30 AM  

  • He is lovely.

    By Blogger Eggs Akimbo, at 6:41 PM  

  • He is the cutest thing I've ever seen, and I'm not his mother. It sounds as if he's doing amazingly well, I'm so pleasd.

    By Blogger Thalia, at 12:38 PM  

  • That's a great story. Waiting for more. motorola razr ringtone Asian blowjobs tgp

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:56 AM  

  • Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. Ottawa hockey Hold em for palm os 1.27 face lift oxygen

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home