It's not a habit.

Monday, June 12, 2006

Disjointed, but alive.

It's hard to know what to say now. I don't feel loquacious. I'm still reading your blogs. I'm so glad for the good news, and so very sad for the bad news.

Around here things have settled into a pattern, mostly involving laundry, the grocery store, the park, and lots of playtime. Alex loves to spend most of his day standing up on his tiny feet, holding onto my thumbs. Sometimes we dance to Harry Belafonte, the Monkees, or the Bee Gees. When I have to go change the laundry over or cook dinner, he tolerates the bouncy seat or the pack-n-play. He's starting to enjoy his toys a lot more. He naps in his crib, a little, and sleeps in it well at night. I'm enjoying being at home with him. I don't plan to return to work full time, although I have done some part-time hours here and there, which helps a bit.

He had his four-month appointment last week. He's been growing like crazy. The doctor told us to start feeding him rice cereal, so we did that this weekend. He's still getting used to it. Breakfast today dissolved into a trail of tears, but the pre-bedtime cereal tonight was a big hit.

Here's a recent picture. He weighs almost 16 pounds now -- he's doubled his birthweight.

Bathtime


I'm also feeling much more settled in as his mother. At last! Although I still have irrational fears from time to time, mostly about the future. I worry about bullying. I don't know why. I think it's kind of crazy, but maybe my brain just needs something to worry about. I think I'm probably wired that way.

7 Comments:

  • So good to hear from you Susie. He's gorgeous. Glad to hear things are going well.

    By Blogger PJ, at 12:32 AM  

  • He looks like such a happy baby! So glad to hear that all is well in raspberry world.

    By Blogger Mellie, at 5:46 PM  

  • Awwww, Susie, what a cutie!

    I'm glad to hear things are settling in nicely. And don't worry too much about worrying too much (she said helpfully): I think it comes with the territory. I think it was one of Jill's friends (from Knocked Up... Knocked Down) who told her once that having a child is like having one's heart on the outside of one's body.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:37 AM  

  • Wow, Alex really has grown, but one thing certainly has stayed the same: he is SO CUTE! I'm glad that you're enjoying being at home with him and are feeling more settled as his mother. It sounds like life is good for you, and I'm so glad.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:07 AM  

  • What a beautiful boy - you must be doing something right! I'm so glad that you're all ok and that you're enjoying each other.

    By Blogger Thalia, at 6:25 AM  

  • What a lovely boy! Glad to hear you're enjoying it so much.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:49 PM  

  • Came by in the hopes you'd updated - and you have.
    Glad to hear from you - Alex is adorable (and getting so big!). As for worrying, *sigh*, I know. Me too.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home