It's not a habit.

Thursday, January 26, 2006

The Latest Plans

Unless the baby comes sooner on his own, it looks like I will be going in for induction of labor on Tuesday night. With a probable February 1 delivery date.

I didn't want to have to be induced, but there are way too many serious risks associated with going full term with gestational diabetes (stillbirth, omg) and I am just not willing to go there. Of course, neither are my doctors. So hopefully my body will be far enough along on its own that induction won't be too traumatic. If the baby will just drop by then it could make a big difference.

I'm having some contractions but nothing very regular, and there's a kind of constant cramp in my cooter that makes me think my cervix is doing something, at least. (Hopefully not closing tighter...)

In the meantime, as we wait, I'm still cleaning this place up. It's not so much cleaning as de-cluttering... there's just so much stuff around here and bringing more in is going to make it tough to live here comfortably. So I'm doing what I can now. Although I did also get out my heavy-duty German Hausfrau mop and take care of all the non-carpeted floors, too. And both bathrooms are spotless.

I'm feeling excited that we'll be meeting our little guy soon... it's great to know that we're getting close to the end. And these last couple of weeks, I've finally felt like I was enjoying the pregnancy. But at the same time, I'm still freaking out a little. When he doesn't move for a while I get very nervous. And I'm worried about the quality of the placenta (this is the danger with GD -- if my blood sugar is out of line it can make the placenta deteriorate early, which is why they won't let me go to term). Every time I have a glucose number that's just a little out of line, I get so freaked out. But the truth is, since my insulin dose was increased, my numbers are under tight control. Very tight. So I know I just need to calm down.

Anyway, he's moving a lot this morning. And I still have non-stress tests scheduled for tomorrow and Monday, so there is still lots of monitoring going on.

And then on Tuesday, we should be getting this party started. (As my husband put it.)

10 Comments:

  • WOW! Tuesday is so close. How awesome to have a firm date set. Sending you good vibes and all that stuff for an easy and pain-free delivery. I can't wait to hear how it all goes down.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:05 AM  

  • Susie-

    I'm still a now and then lurker & I just have to wish you GOOD LUCK!!!

    By Blogger Anne, at 9:58 AM  

  • Tuesday! I'm excited for you :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:31 PM  

  • Wow Susie! You're my first official blogger that I'll have followed from pre-conception to birth. May it all be as easy as possible...

    By Blogger Mellie, at 12:32 PM  

  • The end is soon - how wonderful! I so hope that everything goes smoothly.

    By Blogger Cathy, at 2:34 PM  

  • This is incredible, Susie. I'm so excited for you! Tuesday is SO close... I hope the little guy helps you out a bit.

    The Hausfrau Mop? The big guns, eh? Sounds like nesting instinct to me... ;)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:57 AM  

  • Wahoo! I can't wait to read that you have your little one in your arms and that all is well. Until tomorrow!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:49 PM  

  • Thinking of you, and hoping that all goes well tomorrow!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:55 PM  

  • Good luck tomorrow I will be thinking of you!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:01 PM  

  • Good luck tomorrow, my dear! XOXO

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home