Ugh
Well, add me to the list of people who failed the 1-hour glucose screening. My number was 151; my doctor's cutoff number is 130. I am so disgusted with myself.
I'll go take the 3-hour tolerance test this Friday or Saturday. I don't know what's worse, drinking that glucola crap after fasting, sitting in the waiting room for 3 hours with the television tuned in to FOX News, or having my blood drawn four times in one day. Actually, I do know what's worse -- the blood draws.
In other great news, I also have to start taking iron supplements. I guess even with the prenatal vitamins I am developing anemia.
I'm really not feeling the NBHHY tonight, though I know it still applies. I just need to snap out of this and get over myself. I think I'll go work on that now.
I'll go take the 3-hour tolerance test this Friday or Saturday. I don't know what's worse, drinking that glucola crap after fasting, sitting in the waiting room for 3 hours with the television tuned in to FOX News, or having my blood drawn four times in one day. Actually, I do know what's worse -- the blood draws.
In other great news, I also have to start taking iron supplements. I guess even with the prenatal vitamins I am developing anemia.
I'm really not feeling the NBHHY tonight, though I know it still applies. I just need to snap out of this and get over myself. I think I'll go work on that now.

8 Comments:
I understand the disappointment but remember...even if you have GD, it's not because of anything you did or didn't do! Honestly. Same with the low iron. I've been doing some reading and I'm paraphrasing wildly here but GD is most often due to the placenta interfering with normal insulin production/effectiveness. Hang in there!
By
Anonymous, at 7:55 AM
Although it would suck if the three hour was bad too (although I'm hoping it's not) GD is managable. It's not fun though, I'm sorry.
By
Anonymous, at 8:26 AM
I'm sorry, Susie. Good luck with the 3 hour.
By
Anonymous, at 10:27 AM
Sorry Susie. I hope you pass the 3-hour test, but even if you don't, there is a solution.
By
PJ, at 2:22 PM
Susie, Although I can't speak from personal experience, I gotta say that I think sitting thru 3 hours of FOX News has got to be worse than anything - even having to deal with GD.
By
Mellie, at 4:16 PM
Blech - so sorry. Hope the 3 hour works out for you.
What are the cookies you found? intriguing!
By
Anonymous, at 1:01 PM
Sorry about the glucose screening and the iron supplements. I'm sure that's not what you wanted to hear, but hopefully the 3-hour glucose test will yield better results. Hang in there.
By
Anonymous, at 4:00 PM
fox news and glucola - suprised you didn't heave.
I almost missed my test because somebody (a future father no less) left the lights on in the car, drained the battery and I had five minutes to beg a speedy ride to the lab or I would have had to drink another bottle. Nasty business.
Only thing worse is to have to do it all again - which luckily I don't but I did fail on the iron if that makes you feel any better.
best of luck with the next round
By
moi, at 3:52 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home