It's not a habit.

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Getting tired of this.

Spotting again this morning. Well, and if I'm going to be completely accurate, it started last night. What to do?

There are no contractions this time. Just the spotting, what you might describe as pink-tinged mucus. The baby is still kicking away.

The last two times I had this (weeks 16 and 23) I went to the hospital. The first time, I was in the emergency room for a few hours being checked out. Last week, I was admitted to Labor & Delivery for monitoring and had to stay until the next day. Both times they weren't able to say why the spotting was happening, what was causing it. Everything was fine. And although I was glad everything was okay, it was really annoying to have to spend 22 hours in the hospital to find that out.

So, what to do? I decided to stay home today and call into my meetings at work, and hopefully the spotting will just stop. But I want to get my cervix checked. I'll call the doctor's office and see if I can just go in there and get checked. I really, really don't want to have to go to the hospital unless it's really necessary. This is getting pretty old.

Of course, if anything bad happened I could never forgive myself for not being more proactive. But really, can't they just check my cervix? We've already established that I'm going to bleed for no apparent reason at times...

And this morning I read that the baby can be affected by the mother's stress through hormones or something. Damn.

7 Comments:

  • I'm so sorry, Susie.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:52 AM  

  • Oh Susie, I'm sorry. I think you're doing the right thing by just having your cervix checked. If you aren't having contractions, etc., what else could it be? Please keep us posted and let us know what happens. Thinking of you! (So when does this stuff get easier, I wonder?)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:02 PM  

  • Not fun. I hope things improve. What about the fetal fibronectin test? Here's a link about it: http://www.babycenter.com/refcap/pregnancy/prenatalhealth/1511.html

    By Blogger Cathy, at 2:48 PM  

  • Susie, I'm sorry that you're spotting again. I can imagine how stressed you are feeling, and I think it's a great idea to see your doctor and have your cervix checked, just for reassurance. I hope that the doctor's office can fit you in this afternoon. In the meantime, I'll be praying that the spotting just stops on its own ASAP. Hang in there, and please keep us updated.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:10 PM  

  • I'm sorry, Susie -- I can only imagine how frightened you must feel. Hope you can get some quick reassurance today. And please try not to stress out about stressing out!

    Hang in there, cookie. Wishing you no more spotting or any other worrisome developments in this pregnancy. Please, let it be boring!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:36 PM  

  • I'm sorry Susie, I wish this was going smoother for you. The fetal fibrotest thingy sounds like a good idea though.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:27 PM  

  • Oh Susie, I'm so sorry - it is absolutely stressful, but try not to let the stress make you more stressed (does that make sense?)

    Will the doctor check your cervix? Did you go to hospital? Good luck - thinking of you.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home