It's not a habit.

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

15 Weeks

It's hard for me to believe, too. 15 weeks doesn't sound real to me, but I did listen to the heartbeat this morning and it's still there.

Yes, I finally got the home doppler to work. I didn't try for a couple of weeks because I was scared of stressing myself out, but after the doctor picked up the hb so easily last week I tried it on Sunday night. And there it was. A lot lower on my abdomen than I expected, and not as clear as at the OB's office, but right there. I kind of hate the mess that the gel makes, so I've decided only to do it before my shower. (Unless of course I get desperate.)

So, things are pretty okay here. We've told our families at last, and my MIL is being great. Much better than I ever could have expected. She is obviously making a herculean effort, and I do appreciate it.

I think I'm feeling more energetic, but I've started getting bad headaches. And there have been a few nights of being completely unable to sleep, mostly because of heartburn. Since the food aversions had mostly gone away, I had stopped being so vigilant about what I ate... big mistake. Actually, last Thursday night I threw up for the first time in this entire pregnancy. It was also the first time in about six years (I am one of those people who avoids it at all costs). Ugh. I still don't know if it was the six hours in the car that day, the meatballs I had for lunch, or what. But man, I feel so lucky that I didn't get the serious morning sickness that so many others have had. My hat is off to those who have lived through that.

Except for that one night of horror, we had a great weekend in Pennsylvania visiting our old haunts (we lived there for 7 years in the 1990s). It was mostly just nice to get away -- work has been totally annoying lately, for both of us. The trip gave us a chance to talk over a bunch of plans for the future, too; my husband is planning to start a business next year and we have a lot to talk about with that. We've both been so busy with work that it was nice to just have a chance to reconnect. Plus, the food was great everywhere we ate, including our bed and breakfast. It was a good break.

And now we are at 15 weeks. I really can't believe it.

11 Comments:

  • Congratulations! That's a great milestone (minus the puking, of course!).

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:12 PM  

  • Congrats! 15 weeks IS a big deal. Glad you had such a wonderful weekend.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:40 PM  

  • Yay! I'm so glad things are going well.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:14 PM  

  • Congratulations! How wonderful that you can hear the heartbeat at home now; you can listen to it thumping away whenever you need a bit of reassurance. Hooray!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:47 PM  

  • That is awesome Susie. I really hope the next 25 weeks continue uneventfully.

    By Blogger PJ, at 2:55 PM  

  • 15! Weeks! It's a beautiful number. Glad you got that doppler -- nothing like a little at-home assurance.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:04 PM  

  • Congratulations on reaching 15 weeks! I am so jealous right now of your home doppler! I'm glad you got to listen to the hb at home. It must be so reassuring.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:05 PM  

  • Congrats on the 15 weeks - wow! Glad you had a nice weekend too. What kind of business?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:34 PM  

  • Hey T, he is interested in starting a renewable energy business based on solar power. Right now he is leaning towards biodiesel. I think it's a good idea too.

    By Blogger Susie, at 10:42 PM  

  • Believe it, Girl! I'm thrilled for you. And it sounds like the time in PA was great for your marriage. It's nice when a simple weekend away can help you to reconnect with each other when day to day life makes it hard.

    By Blogger Mellie, at 5:49 AM  

  • Congratulations!!! What a great milestone.

    By Blogger scissorbill, at 2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home