Why I love the weekend

Say hello to one of my best friends. He and I are home alone this weekend (my husband is at a seminar in another state) so we've been watching movies, doing some housework, and mostly just taking it easy.
The bedroom and the living room are in a terrible state of disarray here. The bedroom is suffering from my husband's reluctance to throw away useless papers and my not having enough closet space for all my clothes. The living room is mostly a problem with clutter (magazines that need to be tossed or shelved, CDs that need to be put away, etc). Both rooms are on my list. I need to make some progress this afternoon. I've already started on the bedroom, but there's still much to be done in both rooms.
But anyway. It's been a nice, quiet weekend. I made a broccoli quiche yesterday that is so delicious, I just want to eat it for every meal. I've watched some movies. (Did anyone else find Immortal Beloved kind of stinky?) I visited with my neighbor who is home after a week in the hospital. I worked on my chorus website for a while. And I hope to do a little cross stitching this evening.
It was great weather here today: sunny, breezy, and a little cooler than it's been. Not so humid. I've had the windows open all day instead of running the air conditioner, and the house feels aired out and fresh. So nice. I ate lunch out on the deck so I could watch the birds coming to my birdfeeder -- I have my grandmother's bird book so I can identify them. The best part is the list of birds she wrote in the back of the book, in her crazy handwriting. I wonder if they were the birds she had spotted, or if she was taking notes in some birdwatching class. She took classes in everything.
And that's about it.

11 Comments:
Aww. What a gorgeous best friend you've got there. I'm glad you're having a nice weekend.
By
Anonymous, at 6:07 PM
I'm glad you had a nice, relaxing weekend. (And by the way, your cat is beautiful...and the quiche sounds delicious!)
By
Anonymous, at 7:14 PM
Aww he looks like my Timmy
By
Anonymous, at 7:25 PM
Jenn! I know! I was so struck by Timmy's picture in your blog.
By
Susie, at 7:46 PM
I love your cat - looks like one of mine. Glad you had a nice weekend and the anxiety has lessened.
By
Anonymous, at 8:01 AM
Your cat is a cutie...nice friend to pass the weekend with. You really are so productive, I wish I had the motivation because I certainly need it.
By
Anonymous, at 8:04 AM
Hey - my kitty looks just like your kitty! And my husband is off so I'm spending the weekend eating tomato sandwiches.
I'm 10/11 weeks and not feeling anything at all - this is very weird.
How are you doing on that front? Glad to hear about the peaceful weekend.
By
moi, at 5:35 PM
Pregnant and serene. What can I say, I'm jealous... (And I'd say the onset of serious nesting instinct is diagnostic as a healthy pregnancy symptom!)
By
Anne, at 6:48 PM
Time for me to claim the obligatory infertility pet, I think! Yours is gorgeous.
By
Anonymous, at 5:02 AM
Huh. One of my best friends looks mysteriously like your best friend- only she's a girl. Beautiful, beautiful friend you have there... Can you believe black cats are the last to be adopted at shelters?
I'm not sure if this link will work- but this is my girl...
http://photos21.flickr.com/25487660_893bbef6c2.jpg?v=0
By
Katalyst, at 6:28 PM
Aw, what a beautiful kitty, Chaos Girl! We love our black cat. I didn't know that they were the last to be adopted. There were 5 black kittens there when we got ours, and I've always regretted not taking two that day.
By
Susie, at 6:32 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home