Without a Net
Man, this is hard to get used to. I have the sadness of a loss, but the relief of knowing I'm still pregnant. I'm glad I only checked those twin books out of the library.
I think my husband and I both thought of having two embryos as something of a safety net, but the truth is that neither of them were dispensible to us. We wanted them both, we were just very conscious of the likelihood that it wouldn't work out. But now that it's happened, I understand much better how the second one was calming my fears. The scary thoughts are pushing in much more easily now.
The fibroid is still bugging me, too. After the five miscarriages I've already had, I think I felt like there was a decent chance that at least one of the embryos would have a genetic problem that might result in a loss. If that was the case, I just hoped one of them would be healthy. But if this loss was really caused by the fibroid, as Dr T thinks, what if that was the "healthy" one?
I woke up this morning feeling like I was losing my pregnancy symptoms and that it was just a matter of time before I lose the second embryo. Now I'm feeling a bit more hopeful, but this is a good example of how mood swingy I am today. I'm still doing the things I need to do -- I went to chorus last night and I'm working today -- but this has really knocked me down. Hope it's temporary.
I think my husband and I both thought of having two embryos as something of a safety net, but the truth is that neither of them were dispensible to us. We wanted them both, we were just very conscious of the likelihood that it wouldn't work out. But now that it's happened, I understand much better how the second one was calming my fears. The scary thoughts are pushing in much more easily now.
The fibroid is still bugging me, too. After the five miscarriages I've already had, I think I felt like there was a decent chance that at least one of the embryos would have a genetic problem that might result in a loss. If that was the case, I just hoped one of them would be healthy. But if this loss was really caused by the fibroid, as Dr T thinks, what if that was the "healthy" one?
I woke up this morning feeling like I was losing my pregnancy symptoms and that it was just a matter of time before I lose the second embryo. Now I'm feeling a bit more hopeful, but this is a good example of how mood swingy I am today. I'm still doing the things I need to do -- I went to chorus last night and I'm working today -- but this has really knocked me down. Hope it's temporary.

7 Comments:
I am so sorry you are going through all of this turmoil. I know the short term will be hard..I hope it passes quickly and with nothing but good news in your future.
By
Anonymous, at 2:04 PM
Susie, Of course you're feeling all those things! I wish there was some kind of charm I could put on you to stop the scary thoughts from entering your head. Alas, I can only remind you that those are only fears and not necessary outcomes. I hope you take Internal Springs' advice to heart and insist on frequent monitoring. Hopefully it will ease your mind and heart. Much love....
By
Mellie, at 2:43 PM
I'm sorry you have to go thruogh this. I keep hoping for your other little guy to keep on going strong.
By
Anonymous, at 2:44 PM
I'm so sorry. I can't imagine that you'd feel any other way than you do. Please take care of yourself. I would say don't worry, but we all know that's impossible.
Hang in there, little baby.
By
Anonymous, at 3:17 PM
Nothing I can say will make the sadness go away. But you know I am here for you anytime. I am thankful that you have one that is growing strong.
I'll be here through all of this with you holding your hand.
By
Amanda, at 3:59 PM
Susie, I'm so very sorry. It's such a scary time for you, I imagine. Will your doctor reassure you with weekly ultrasounds?
Hang in there... you have so many of us thinking about you.
By
Kat, at 4:54 PM
This is so scary. I wish you the best of luck and a health baby.
By
Anonymous, at 5:43 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home