Ultrasound News
I had my first external ultrasound at the hospital today. So weird. You don't even have to remove any clothing! (Well, as long as you have two pieces on.)
The thriving embryo measured 9w1d. I think I am about 9w3d today so that seems to be within the realm of okay. The heartbeat was nice and strong, 170 bpm.
The other embryo was barely visible. The tech found the sac okay, but she could hardly find anything in it. It's odd, because on the transvaginal ultrasound yesterday we could clearly see the head and the body. But the resolution of the one yesterday seemed a lot higher, maybe because it was done with the wand instead of the mouse (or whatever you call that thing), so it was closer to the sac.
She found the fibroid, after some searching, and said it wasn't that big. I don't know what the doctor will say about it tomorrow, whether she'll think it caused the embryo to stop developing or not.
Your comments since yesterday have been so nice and have helped me feel better. Thank you all.
The thriving embryo measured 9w1d. I think I am about 9w3d today so that seems to be within the realm of okay. The heartbeat was nice and strong, 170 bpm.
The other embryo was barely visible. The tech found the sac okay, but she could hardly find anything in it. It's odd, because on the transvaginal ultrasound yesterday we could clearly see the head and the body. But the resolution of the one yesterday seemed a lot higher, maybe because it was done with the wand instead of the mouse (or whatever you call that thing), so it was closer to the sac.
She found the fibroid, after some searching, and said it wasn't that big. I don't know what the doctor will say about it tomorrow, whether she'll think it caused the embryo to stop developing or not.
Your comments since yesterday have been so nice and have helped me feel better. Thank you all.

4 Comments:
Susie -
I'm sorry for your loss of the second embryo. I'm rooting for the second little guy to keep beating. You should talk to Roxanne about the fibroid issue, I think that she had one previously. I know nothing about it, but it's got to be good it's not near the healthy embryo. Thinking of you.
Holly
By
Wendy Orrison and Holly Snyder, at 7:41 PM
I'm sorry for your loss, that must have been so hard. Hope you're hanging in okay.
By
Anonymous, at 9:42 PM
I'm glad baby 1 is doing well. 170 is a great heartbeat.
By
PJ, at 9:03 AM
Today's news all sounds really good. I hope that takes you through the weekend!
By
Mellie, at 12:26 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home