It's not a habit.

Friday, October 21, 2005

Followup

So, I called the doctor's office and told them about the spotting (which had stopped by then), and said I really didn't want to go to the hospital, but that I would like to come in and get my cervix checked. And they had me come on in yesterday afternoon.

Everything looks fine, there's no blood in there. Cervix is shut tight. They did an ultrasound to check the level of amniotic fluid and it was fine. I'm glad I went, even if it's mighty annoying that this keeps happening. Even though this is the third time, nobody has said for me to stop calling when it happens. So they are still taking the cautious route, which of course is a good thing.

The baby has turned himself around so he's standing upright in there, which explains all those kicks I've been feeling way below my navel for the last few days. He seems to turn himself around pretty regularly though, so hopefully by the time he starts to get big, he'll get himself back into a better position for exit.

Also got a new ultrasound picture. He looks like he's kicking back and relaxing, but of course he's actually upright. Still, he looks pretty comfortable.

10 Comments:

  • I'm so glad everything was okay. I'm sure it's annoying to have to keep going through this but that's what your doctors are there for.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:59 AM  

  • Glad everything is ok.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:32 AM  

  • I'm glad to hear everything is OK and that they're not making you feel bad for coming in. That's the worst thing when they try to make you feel stupid for coming in.

    Great pic, he's getting so big.

    By Blogger PJ, at 10:03 AM  

  • I'm glad everything is fine. Cute picture!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:19 PM  

  • Yep - rather be safe than sorry. So glad everything is okay - he looks great!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:49 PM  

  • Wow! That's a real baby in there. Glad everything is okay. HOpe things get a little easier for you.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:38 PM  

  • Susie I'm so glad everything is ok. He looks wonderful, but it's a shame that the spotting keeps coming on and freaking you out. Here's hoping it doesn't happen again.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:53 AM  

  • I am relieved and thankful to see that your spotting stopped and that everything is okay. Hopefully you will have an uneventful pregnancy from here on out.

    That's a great ultrasound picture; I think he's going to be a cutie!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:56 PM  

  • That's one good looking kid. Keep us posted.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:13 PM  

  • Oh Susie he's so beautiful! Glad that the spotting issue is still nothing. What a cutie!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home